Blueberry Banana Nut Bread

I froze a lot of blueberries from my bush this summer and now I'm so glad I did.  I always have so many and I get overwhelmed trying to use them
I found this great blueberry recipe and it only uses 1/4 cup of blueberries if you don't have an abundance of them.


  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 1 teaspoon soda
  • 1/4 cup blueberries

Cream shortening, gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition Stir in bananas. Combine remaining ingredients, stirring gently. Add blueberry mixture to creamed mixture, stir just until moist. Spoon batter into 9x5x3 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove from pan, cool on a rack.

Makes 1 loaf

* Make note to self....stay away from cake plate..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...