How to Make Lemon Cake Mix Taste Like It Came From The Bakery

Boxed cake mixes are easy to make but they leave something to be desired when it comes to taste.  I found a way to make cake mix taste like it came from the bakery.  Here's my secret:

  • Put Cake Mix in a mixing bowl.
  • Add 1 more egg than the recipe calls for(2 for more richness).
  • Use melted butter instead of oil.
  • Use milk instead of water.
  • Mix well and bake by directions.
  Best Icing Ever
  1. 1 packet Jello pudding ( I used lemon flavored for this cake).
  2. Use 1/2 milk the recipe calls for (whisk until it thickens).
  3.  Fold in one 8 oz container of cool whip.
You can make the icing with vanilla jello or play around with different flavors. It has way less sugar than the canned frosting and it is delicious. 
 I served this cake for my nephew and his family and it was definitely a hit.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...