Apple Cinnamon Crisp Recipe

I always look forward to Autumn and the delicious apples that come with it.  I love the smell of my house when this apple crisp is in the oven. My family says it smells like home when they walk in the door.  As I'm writing this post, the smell is awesomeThere is something special about apples and brown sugar.

  I used canned apples (just because I had them) and fresh apples. Here is the recipe I came up with.

Mix the following ingredients: 

Filling:
  • 1 can apple cinnamon fried apples
  • 3 fresh apples, small to medium size
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
  • 1/3 cup raisins
Prep a 9x9 dish with a non stick spray and pour ingredients into the dish.

Topping:


  • 1 cup steel cut oatmeal
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 stick of butter melted
  • 1/3 cup flour
Mix ingredients together until they crumble.
Sprinkle crumbles on top of the filling and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
 Great with a scoop of ice cream or cool whip.
This dish was not around very long.  My husband really loved it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...