Buckeyes Chocolate Candy Recipe

Right before Christmas, my daughter and I make cookies and our all time favorite, Buckeyes.  I lost my original recipe so I had to find another one.  I think this one tastes better but It might be because I was so ready for them.

 I put them in mini cupcake liners which makes them look more festive.  Here is the recipe for Buckeyes.  Be prepared to fight yourself off of them daily.  Take my advice and give them away quickly.  Everyone loves them.

BUCKEYES RECIPE


  •  1 1/2 cups  Creamy Peanut Butter
  • Or 1 1/2 cups crunchy Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • Chocolate Almond Bark

 With a mixer cream together peanut butter and butter.  Add extract and salt.  Add the powdered sugar one cup at the time.  When mixture can be rolled  into a ball, it is the right consistency.  You can add extra powdered sugar if it seems too sticky.
Roll into one inch balls and freeze on a cookie sheet.

While the buckeyes are freezing, melt almond bark chocolate in a double boiler.  Stick toothpicks into  the balls and dip in chocolate leaving a space at the top uncovered.  Pull the toothpick out and pinch the hole to smooth out  the candy.  You may have to refreeze the candy if it slides off the toothpick before you get it covered.  Once they have dried, you can put them into mini cupcake liners.  You will be able to stack the candy.
Get ready for the compliments, it is that good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...