Easy Healthy Desserts

I love trying new low calorie, low fat, and low sugar desserts while I'm trying to lose weight.
 I try to find easy dessert recipes that include fruit. Here are some I have tried and love and some I'm going to try and know I will love.

I can't wait to try these with  fresh blueberries from our blueberry bush.  I made them with frozen berries and they were good, but I know the fresh ones won't have the the tough peeling the frozen ones sometimes have.   Not all of them are tough but it is annoying to have to deal with the tough skins. 
 Also, it is a pain to dip each blueberry with a toothpick, so I put the blueberries in the yogurt, stirred,  and used two plastic spoons to make  small balls.  It worked like a charm.  I also did the same thing with strawberries. It's so refreshing and delicious.
I love these homemade ice cream sandwiches.  I made a batch tonight.  I take a fork and mash the strawberries up before adding them to the cool whip.  I squish the insides a little to help cover the whole cracker.  Then I take a spoon and even out all 4 sides,  and freeze. I saw these made with a little yogurt with the cool whip.  I think that would make them creamier.  If they get any better, it won't be a good thing.  Love them!
Oh my goodness I've had frozen grapes, but this is a twist I think I could really like grapes dusted with jello. Artificial sweeteners are getting alot of negative attention.  You could use sugar free, but it takes such a small amount of jello to dust the grapes, I don't think it would make a huge difference if regular jello is used.  This is a must try recipe.
Love this easy recipe for parfait.  It doesn't get any better than fruit and oatmeal.  Recipe can be changed to put your favorite goodies in this good for you dessert. 
Oh my goodness how I love caramel.  These look divine and that's why I can't make them.  I know my self control good enough to know these are dangerous. If you can pace yourself, go for it. It has marshmallow, graham crackers, and  skinny cow cookies.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...