The Bride Wore Red


My family and I attended a wedding this past weekend.   This was not the traditional white wedding  but I loved that there was a lot  vibrant colors.  The bride wore a red dress and she was beautiful.
My daughter was the wedding planner for this wedding  and pulled it off for a little over $200.00.
 I'm frugal, but really, two hundred dollars?

This is a breakdown of the costs:

  • Wedding dress                                  (Thrift store)
  • Veil                                                     Borrowed
  • Shoes                                                 Borrowed
  • Flowers                                              $40
  • Invitations                                           Home printed
  • Hair                                                    Stylist Donated
  • Makeup                                              Donated by Consultant
  • Food                                                  Donated
  • Photographer                                     Free
The photographer part is where my story gets interesting.
  My son who is a photographer was going  to take pictures but he was called to work 3rd shift the night before so when he was supposed to be at the wedding taking pictures, a bomb explosion would not have woke him up.
My husband and I are sitting on the back row when my sister in law walks in with my son's camera and hands it to me.  My daughter has sent the camera to me to take pictures.  (because she was in the wedding also)
I have never taken a picture on this camera,(and it  has all the bells and whistles). I can barely take pictures on my cool pix camera.  I'm sitting there  saying Oh my goodness, you are kidding me.
No she wasn't!!
She shows me which button to push for the picture, 
That concluded  my crash course in photography.
 I'm sitting there thinking, I'm not about to get up and jump around like a photographer does when he takes pictures even though I know this is the way to get good photos.
I slide to the end seat and  take on the task of wedding photographer.
   It's then that I  realize that I don't know what to look through to take the picture.  There is a big holey thing on the top so I line up the wedding couple in it and snap away.
I was definitely a photographer on the fly.
Actually, the pictures turned out good considering I was looking through the wrong hole.
The point of my story is, always listen to your inner voice.  When it tells you to sit down, it will pay you to keep your seat, unless you want people pointing and saying, look she's looking through the wrong hole.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...