Silky Mango Smoothie
- 1/4 cup mango cubes
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
Get More Delicious Detox Smoothies
I am so excited about this recipe. I have a freezer full of blueberries and I am always looking for cool recipes.
I plan to use plain greek yogurt and stir in a little Stevia before coating the berries.
4 (4 oz.)skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup cornflakes, crushed
1 packet of dry Ranch Dressing mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
In a large Ziploc bag, put the crushed cornflakes and Ranch Dressing mix. Set aside. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste. Coat both sides of each chicken breast with sour cream. One by one, put coated chicken in the bag of seasoned cornflakes and gently shake until well coated. Put chicken in the baking dish and lightly spray some cooking spray on top of the coated chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Source: Nana's Recipe Box
Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- optional sweetener like sugar, honey, agave, etc.
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 pound chicken tender cut into cubes
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, celery, mushroom, snap peas, etc.
- Blend all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender or food processor for 10 seconds.
- Taste the sauce and add your choice of sweetener to your liking.
- Blend again for a few more seconds.
- Heat the sauce in a large skillet on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer the sauce to a heat proof bowl.
- Rinse the skillet clean.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the corn starch and massage the chicken with your hands.
- If using fresh broccoli or green beans, boil the broccoli for 3-5 minutes until soft enough to pierce with a fork yet firm.
- Transfer the vegetables to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Wipe down the skillet until dry.
- Heat approximately 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion and chicken until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables and stir-fry them together for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add a few tablespoons of sauce while stirring the vegetables and chicken.
- Continue to add the sauce a few tablespoons at a time, allowing about 15 seconds between each addition to allow sauce to slightly cook down.
- Spoon the stir-fry over a bowl of hot rice. Serve immediately.
Cauliflower and Broccoli in Creamy gravy. Gobi Broccoli Makhani.
Allergy Information: Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, gluten, grain. Can be made nut-free
1/2 head of cauliflower
1.5-2 cups broccoli florets
1/2 Recipe Makhani Gravy(step by step recipe)
1/2 cup peas
salt to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Add a teaspoon of salt. Chop the cauliflower and Broccoli into small/medium florets.
Add cauliflower to the pot and blanch for 3-4 minutes. Remove cauliflower and add broccoli and blanch for 5-6 minutes.
Prepare the gravy till the step where the onion, tomatoes, coconut milk and cashew mixture is blended into a smooth puree.
In a large pan, add the blended gravy, blanched cauliflower, broccoli and peas.
Mix well and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
Taste and adjust salt and spice. Top with cilantro and serve with hot Naan flat bread or Quinoa or rice.
Source: 15 More Organic Recipes